Strength TogetHER 11- Session 1

May 29,2021.

Facilitated by Lokopakar, "Strength togetHER" is a safe virtual place for girls like us, where we can share our stories, engage in discussion on any topic. In addition to that, we also get to know the experiences of other people on that topic and gain new insights. On every alternative Saturday, we organize a session, where we invite one guest speaker. Within a very short period of time, this platform has been expanded to all the states of Nepal. It has personally  helped me to gain self confidence and realize my self worth, And I happened to be part of the coordinator family too.

Starting with the session, I was very nervous and was constantly texting aastha. But little did I know I had Aastha’s back.On may 29, we had the very first session of cohort 11.We had almost 30 new faces there.I was so happy to see so many new faces.  Aastha who is one of the soul members of Strength togetHER  explained the whole concept of this platform to the new participants followed by Binisha and Manaswi who has already been a Coordinator and are the major reason behind the strong connection of strength together and then Everyone started giving their introduction.


And in a very short period of time, all of us bonded so well that we started talking about various topics,as friends. We had such a fruitful session we were talking about feminism, we were talking about connections, insecurities,growing and healing. Participants started sharing the topics they wanted to have discussion about or about the stories they wanted to share.


Aastha also made us play a game called Scavenger Hunt  which was so fun. Almost everyone got refreshed. It was so fun we all started showing the jolly and bubbly part of ours. And soon we decided one as a winner.


The whole session went so well that I didn't want it to end.I was constantly texting aastha saying I don't want this session to end. Overall when I think about it, It calms my heart to have been able to get connected to so many new beautiful souls. And also, Sammy coming in my session just for a few minutes means so much to me.



Written by -Prapti Dhodari (Cohort Coordinator)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strength TogetHER 11 - Session 2

Strength TogetHER 11 - Session 3